Have you visited our website lately? If so, you probably noticed that our Marketing Team along with Full Media has given it a complete redesign. As technology and the Internet are constantly evolving, we realized it was time to give our website a serious evaluation and make some changes for the better.
Research tells us that most people who visit Lakewood for the first time go to our website before their visit. That means that our website is often our first chance to make a good impression. We also know that most people who go to LakewoodLife.org will do so from a mobile device, so we built the new site from that vantage point. Every feature of the site can easily be accessed and seen from a phone or tablet.
As we thought about what was important for our website, we knew that more than what we do, we wanted it to convey who we are as a church. With that being said, here are seven things you don’t want to miss on our new site:
- Plan a Visit – If you have never been to Lakewood, this is the place to start! This would also be a great place to direct a friend that you invite to come to church with you. You can choose whether you are coming on a Sunday or Wednesday and learn what is available for adults as well as where to take your kids. Find out what happens when you arrive on Lakewood’s campus and what to wear. It’s the place to go for everything related to a Sunday Morning or Wednesday Night at Lakewood.
- Group Search – This is the place to go to find a class, Sunday morning group or community group. We hope this makes it easier to find a group or class that fits your needs.
- Watch Sermons – Have you missed a Sunday recently? Or maybe you want to share a sermon with a friend? Visit our Sermons page to see past sermons. From the Homepage you can also watch the most recent sermon in Real Life or connect to our LiveStream on Sunday mornings.
- Give Online – Click “Give” from our Homepage and you can give your tithe or offering online. You can even set up a Repeating Gift. In a world where checks are a thing of the past, this makes giving to Lakewood both convenient and secure.
- Event Details – Need to know what time to have your student at a church event? Wondering how to sign up for a retreat? Visit our Events page, and you will first see a list of
highlighted upcoming events. Click on the four-square icon above the first event to see a Grid Calendar view of events. Click on any event and additional details will appear above the event. To see next month’s events, click the arrow on the right.
- Start Serving – At Lakewood, we believe in serving others like Jesus did. On our Serve page, you’ll find a variety of ways you can serve our church, local community and nations abroad. There are opportunities ranging from driving golf carts to teaching preschoolers to serving food at Pam’s Place. No matter how God has gifted you, there is a place for you to serve. Check out our Serve page to learn more and what steps to take next in serving.
- The Bridge – The Bridge is our online community and membership directory. Log into The Bridge to obtain contact information for people in your group. If you move to a new address, The Bridge is where you update your contact information so you don’t miss important mail-outs from our church. You can also print your giving record when it comes time to do your taxes. From our Homepage you are given the option to either Log In to The Bridge or Sign Up if you have not done so before.
I hope you will take some time today to visit our new website. While you are there, look for a new way to get connected at Lakewood.