United WKND is an event for middle and high school students that takes place at Lakewood Baptist Church on March 5-7. We will gather with students from other churches in the area to worship the Lord together and grow deeper in community with one another. This year at United WKND our speaker is Chad Poe, worship will be led by Heath Williams, and illusionist Zak Mirz will be performing. Registration includes: admission for 3 worship services, 3 small groups, illusionist show, student interactive book, t-shirt, 3 meals (pizza dinner on Friday, Chick-Fil-A lunch on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday).
***NOTE: Registration is now closed and we are at max capacity for this event. Please CLICK HERE to fill out the form and we will place you on a waiting list. A member from our staff will let you know if a spot opens up.
WHEN: March 5-7, 2021
WHERE: Lakewood Baptist Church
THEME: Truly Free based on John 8:31-32. “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” We’ll talk about being set free from sin, set free from measuring up and set free from stress.
COVID SAFETY: In light of the current pandemic, United WKND 2021 will look different. As always, the safety of every student, leader and volunteer is very important to us. While we are very excited about what the Lord has planned for this event, we are making some important changes for this year to keep everyone safe:
- We will host United WKND 2021 as a conference-style event this year. All worship services, small groups and other activities will take place on the campus of Lakewood.
- There will not be any host homes this year. Students will arrive on campus Friday evening then head back to their own homes following the worship service and small group time. While some students may choose to spend the night with a friend, we will not be organizing any host homes for groups.
- When students arrive back on campus Saturday morning, they will be here until we wrap up at 5:30 pm. There will be a break time for lunch and some outdoor games before we head back in for the final session. Following this time, students will depart to their own homes then join us back again for our Sunday morning wrap-up and worship service.
- We are limiting the total number of churches and students who can attend in order to create physical distancing between small groups in the worship center. Once we reach capacity, registration will close and students will be put on a waiting list for this event.
- We will thoroughly sanitize all of our facilities before and during United WKND.
- If a student gets sick during United WKND, they can visit our First Aid tent. We will take their temperature if necessary and students with a fever or COVID-like symptoms will be asked to go home.
- We will implement other safety measures based on government mandates and the latest CDC recommendations at that time. At this time we are asking that you stay home if you are sick or quarantined, wash your hands frequently throughout the event, practice physical distancing, and wear a mask. For more detailed information on these guidelines please, CLICK HERE.